Characteristics of good program
A good program should have the following characteristics
1. The written program should be suitable for use by the staff, planning groups and other individuals or groups concerned with the program.
2. It should state the primary facts that clearly reveal the situation on major subjects or problem areas.
3. It should clearly state that the important problems or needs identified by the staff and the people in the programming process.
4. It should state both long term and short term objectives for each major subject and problem that is to be focused on in program execution over a period of time.
5. It should state the objectives of the program clearly and meaningfully.
6. It should specify the subject matter related to each objectives that is highly significant to people socially and economically.
7. It should include the summary of the longterm program prepared in a form suitable for Public Distribution.
8. It should be made available in a summary form to all members of the Planning groups and professional staff.
9. It should be circulated by appropriate means so that the general public can understand its nature and objectives.
10. It should be used as a basis for developing an annual plan of work.
You can read more articles about Agricultural Extension
Useful Agricultural Websites