|Characteristics of good seed
Characteristics of good seed
Characteristics of quality seeds are given below-
1. The seeds should be pure with high germination and vigorous.
2. The seeds should be free from seed borne diseases and physiological disorders due to deficiency of plant nutrients.
3. Seeds should be remain in optimum size and shape.
4. Seed must have an optimum color.
5. Seed should be free from weed seeds and inert materials.
6. The seed should be free from insect, insect eggs, disease spores etc.
7. The seed should not be broken or crushed.
8. The seed should contain a required amount of moisture.
9. The seed should be in proper stage.
10. The seed should germinate rapidly and produce strong and vigorous seedling.
11. The seed should be fresh and clean.
12. The seed should be large and plump.