Definition of Crop Reporting
Crop reporting is the description of the crop in the growing stage, mentioning the present condition involving yield status and pest management with comments for improvement.
Objectives of Crop Reporting
A crop report is made by an investigator to know about the general situation of the existing crop in the field. The following objectives are listed below
1. To evaluate crop production.
2. To achieve crop forecasting.
3. To compile information with different statistical data.
4. To alleviate the loss from the attack of pests and disease.
5. To determine total production.
6. To facilitate decision making for cropping pattern.
7. Future suggestion for improvement of crops.
Procedure of Crop Reporting
1. The nature of crops should be recorded with the varieties.
2. The total area of the cropping land should be recorded.
3. The age and development of crops should be recorded.
4. Crop condition such as vigour, growth and infection by pests or disease should be recorded.
5. Future outline of crop pattern should be formulated etc.