Definition and characteristic of plantation crops are given below
Definition of plantation crop
Plantation crops are crops that are cultivated in a vast area continuously grown and managed by an individual or a company. The crops are perennial and are high-value crops of greater economic importance and play a vital role in our economy. The crops include – tea, coffee, rubber, cocoa, betel nut, betel leaf, oil palm, bamboo, etc.
Characteristics of plantation crop
1. Grown in a vast area of land.
3. High-value crops of greater economic importance.
4. Play a vital role in our national economy.
5. Export potential.
6. Must be processed before use.
7. Known as a commercial crop or cash crop.
You can read more articles about Agronomy
Useful Agricultural Websites