|Definition and Objectives of landscape horticulture|
Definition and Objectives of landscape horticulture
Definition of landscape horticulture
The branch of horticulture which deals with the art and knowledge of development of plantation o ornamental plants by arranging them in such manner with the existing plants and structures to beautify a place maintain natural scenery, may be called landscape horticulture.
On the other hand, landscaping may be defined as the use of plants outdoors to fulfill aesthetic and functional purposes. The term is identified with the outdoors, even though plants can be used to accomplish similar objectives indoors (sometimes called interiorscaping or plantscaping).
Landscaping is an activity in which beauty as well as function, may be determined by the customer.
To one person, landscaping may mean a couple of fruit trees or just plants on the property. To another customer, plants in the landscape must not only be careful selected but also strategically arranged. A beautiful home or an institution with well – landscaped ground not only increase the value of the property but also increase the usefulness of the property. It is a source of pride in the community, visitors and passersby.
Objectives of landscape horticulture
To beautify home of institution effectively by landscaping, certain objectives should be attained or keep in mind.
1. To enhance the aesthetic appeal of an area.
2. To increase the property value.
3. To secure attractive ground.
4. To blend concrete and architectural creations into the natural scenery.
5. To provide privacy by shielding the general public from selected areas. Such as the backgrounds of homes, utility substations and a patios.
6. To hide bad conditions in the area. Plants can be used to create a wall ground.
7. To modify environmental factors.
8. To create recreational grounds to provide places for relaxation and community interaction.
9. To provide hobby activities for home owners.
10. To improve and conserve natural resources by reducing soil erosion for example.
11. To reduce noise and environmental pollution. Plants in the landscape can be used to absorb noise.