Best definition of organization with objectives
Organizations are assemblies of two or more interacting human beings collectively seeking to attain
some common goal, with a complex functional roles and responsibilities and system of overall
In other words, organizations are social units or human groupings deliberately constructed to some
specific goal (et zion, 1976).
Example: UN, IRRI, FAO, BRRI, BARI, BRAC, BINA, BSRI etc.
Agricultural Organization/Extension organization
It is an arrangement of two or more interacting human beings, which set together to attain some
common goal to produce of crops and nursery management through a functional roles of systems of
Objectives of extension organization (Long term)
1. To increase sustainable agricultural development.
2. To introduce by quality of appropriate agricultural technology.
3. To maintain the economical balance in natural environment.
4. To reduce the rural poverty.
5. To establish agro based industry.
6. To create & balance production composition and income.
7. To identify the causes of low production and overcome low production.
8. Introducing new technologies for future such as new crop, new varieties and new equipment.
9. Help farmers to increase their living standard.
Objectives (Short term)
1. To attain self sufficient in food grain and increase of production of other nutritional crops.
2. To ensure sustainable agricultural development.
3. To increase foreign exchange through agricultural exports.
4. To increase per hectare of rice production.
5. To increase high values cash crops.
6. To improve the quality and availability of seeds.
7. To reduce environmental degradation.
8. To ensure and development of forest resources.
9. To increase income.
10. To improve of soil condition.
11. Reduction of insect pest and disease
You can read more articles about Agricultural Extension
Useful Agricultural Websites