Extension supervisor (Qualiﬁcation, Duties, and responsibilities)
A supervisor must have the following qualification
1. Must have rural background.
2. Must be agricultural graduate from University or college.
3. Must have special training on agricultural extension.
4. Must have sufficient technical knowledge on agriculture.
5. Must have ability to teaching.
6. Must have knowledge on appropriate teaching method.
7. Must be efficient in planning and programme building.
8. Must have experience on supervision.
9. Must have far slightness and leadership quality.
10. Must be sympathized on colleagues.
11. Must be efficient in writing, speaking and working.
12. Must be adherence to the rule and regulation.
Duties and responsibilities
1. To help the subordinates in planning and programme building, execution and evaluation.
2. To supervise and guide the technical guidance to the field worker.
3. To arrange training for subordinates.
4. To maintain close relationship with specialists.
5. To arrange co-ordination meeting.
6. To go field tour about 10-11 days in every month.
7. To collect crop statistics.
8. To plan for cultivation and to fix target for production.
9. To take the responsibilities for agricultural development.
10. To submit report in every activities.
11. To supervise method and result demonstration.
12. To supply necessary agricultural inputs.
13. To arrange farmers meeting and to encourage farmers to adopt new technologies.
14. To train farmers in different agricultural technologies.