Factors governing demand for labor
(1) Nature of farming: The intensity of cultivation, as well as the size of the farm, determined the demand for labor.
(2) Method of cultivation: The requirements of labor are also affected by the method of cultivation. The broadcasting method of paddy requires less labor than transplanting method.
(3) Use of machineries: The demand of skilled labor increases when it is necessary to handle particular machineries.
(4) The efficiency of labor: Efficient labor would perform better than inefficient labor. So, the demand for efficient labor is more than inefficient labor.
(5) Organization and supervisory capacity of labor: The demand for labor who has a better organization of supervisory capacity increase than others.
You can read more articles about Agronomy
Useful Agricultural Websites