Fruit growing regions of the World
1. Tropical Region
· More or less constant high temperature all the year.
· Difference between day length and night length is less.
· High humidity.
· Mild winter.
· Average summer temperature not less than 30o C.
· Seasonal fluctuation temperature is less.
Eastern part of India, Bangladesh, Burma, Thailand, Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Philippine, Indonesia etc.
Jackfruit, Papaya, Pineapples, Mango, Litchi, Banana etc.
Sub division of Tropical region
a) Rainy tropical region.
b) Dry tropical region.
a) Rainy tropical region
• Annual average rainfall 170-250 cm but not < 75 cm.
• Temperature is high.
• Winter absent.
• Relative humidity high.
b) Dry tropical region
• Rainfall very less.
• Scarcity of water.
• Evapotranspiration is more than rainfall.
2. Sub-tropical region
· Dry winter but wet summer.
· Winter not severe.
· Average winter temperature 10-20o C.
· Average summer temperature 21-30o C.
· Average Rainfall 125-200 cm.
· Difference between day length and night length is more.
· Sometimes frosty weather in some place.
· Temperature and rainfall vary with different season.
· Seasonal fluctuation of temperature is more.
· Northern and Eastern part of Bangladesh.
· Some parts of India, Pakistan, China.
· South Australia.
· Middle area of Argentina, Lebanon, Syria.
· Southern part of America and Japan.
Mango, Banana, Citrus, guava, Litchi, Tamarind, Grape etc.
3. Temperate Region
· Severe winter.
· Average summer temperature 18-21o C.
· Average winter temperature 69oC.
· Frosty weather all the year round.
· 50-75 days of the year remain free from frost.
Argentina, Mongolia, Russia, Canada, Norway, Greenland, Northern part of UK, European country.
Grape, Apple, Cherry, Gooseberry, Peach, Pear, Strawberry etc.
4. Mediterranean region
· Moderate temperature.
· Free from extreme heat or cold.
· Average summer temperature 21-27 C.
· Winter temperature 4-10 C.
· Annual rainfall is moderate 40-50 cm.
· Dry in summer and rainfall in winter.
· Foggy weather in summer sometimes.
Middle east, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Albania, Jordan, Some parts of Spain and Saudi Arabia.
Coffee, Date palm, Fig, orange, Grape, Olive etc.