|Morphology and Production technology of Calendula|
How to grow Calendula
· Habit: Annual type herbs. Generally winter seasonal flower
· Leaf: Thin, light green in color, more or less like Tobacco leaf.
· Color of the flower: Yellow
· Color and variety:
a. Single: Nova
b. Double: Ball, Sunshine, Golden emperor, Orange king, Pacific beauty
· Climate: Grow in tropical and subtropical areas. So, cool and dry weather is best for Calendula
· Soil: It can grow well in drained loamy and sandy loamy soil.
· Means of propagation: By seed
· Cultivation: It can be grow in bed. The seedlings are transplanted at the age of 30 – 40 days
· Planting time: October – November
· Spacing: 30 x 35 cm2
· Oil cake: 200 – 250 gm
· SSP: 100 gm
· MP: 50 gm
· Urea: 20 gm
· TSP: 20 gm
2. Weeding (15 days after)
· Pest: Aphid, Caterpillar
· Diseases: Leaf blight
· Management: Dithan M – 45, Soil insecticide like as powder used at the time of fertilizer application.
Useful Agricultural Websites