Importance of nursery for orchard management
A nursery is a place where plants are propagated and grown to usable size. Importance of nursery for orchard management are as follows-
1. In nursery we can easily management of soil, nutrition and irrigation of seedlings and grafts of an orchard.
2. In nursery we can easily management of stress, intercultural operation of seedlings and grafts of an orchard.
3. Seedlings and grafts are produced in nursery and the fruit orchards and ornamental gardens can be established with minimum care, cost and maintenance.
4. The nursery planting materials are available at the beginning of the planting season. This saves the time, money and efforts of the farmers to raise seedlings.
5. There is a wide scope for fruit orchards, ornamental, vegetable, and landscape gardens at public gardens, highways and cooperative housing societies.