Jute Semilooper control measures, Pest characters, and nature of damage
Scientific name: Anomis sabulifera.
Pest characters of Jute Semilooper
• Larvae are called semi loop when cause damage.
• Body color green, no hair present.
Nature of damage of Jute Semilooper
1. Jute Semilooper is a serious pest of jute. Female insects lay eggs singly on the lower surface of the young leaves.
2. After hatching of eggs, caterpillar feeds on apical leaves and buds (1st to 9th leaves). 3. As a result, plant growth adversely affected and yield greatly reduced.
Management/Control Measures of Jute Semilooper
A) Nonchemical control of Jute Semilooper
1. Brushing the top of the plants with a long rope soaked in kerosinized water.
2. Ploughing the infested field after harvesting.
3. Following suitable crop rotation.
4. Encouragement of insectivorous birds.
B) Chemical control of Jute Semilooper
1. Application of Sevin/ Diazinon/ Diginol 60 EC @ 3 mL/L of water.
2. Application of Ripcord/ Cymbush/ Fenon 10 EC @ 1 mL/L of water.
3. Application of Azodrin/ Nuvacron 40 WSC @ 3 mL/L of water.
Important Agricultural Websites