Jute Semilooper (Anomis sabulifera.)
Scientific name: Anomis sabulifera.
Pest characters of Jute Semilooper
- Larvae are called semi loop when they cause damage.
- Body-color green, no hair present.
Nature of damage of Jute Semilooper
- Jute Semilooper is a serious pest of jute.
- Female insects lay eggs singly on the lower surface of the young leaves.
- After hatching eggs, the caterpillar feeds on apical leaves and buds (1st to 9th leaves).
- As a result, plant growth adversely affected, and yield significantly reduced.
Management/Control Measures of Jute Semilooper
Nonchemical control of Jute Semilooper
- Brushing the top of the plants with a long rope soaked in kerosinized water.
- Plowing the infested field after harvesting.
- Following suitable crop rotation.
- Encouragement of insectivorous birds.
Chemical control of Jute Semilooper using pesticide
- Application of Sevin/ Diazinon/Diginol 60 EC @ 3 mL/L of water.
- Application of Ripcord/Cymbush/Fenon 10 EC @ 1 mL/L of water.
- Application of Azodrin/Nuvacron 40 WSC @ 3 mL/L of water.