Little Leaf of Brinjal management and symptoms
Causal organism: Mycoplasma Like Organism (MLO).
Symptoms of little leaf of Brinjal
1. Short, smaller leaves are produced.
2. Petioles are reduced; Leaves appear stiking to them.
3. Leaves become narrow, soft, smooth, thin and yellow in colour.
4. Distance between inter node is small.
5. Floral part transfer to green foliage.
6. Fruiting react mostly sterile.
|Symptoms of Little Leaf of Brinjal|
Not sap transmitted. MLO transmitted by Leaf hopper. Alternate host Tomato, potato etc.
Control Measure/management of little leaf of brinjal
♦ Destruction of infested plant and hosts.
♦ Growing on resistant varieties. e.g. Black beauty, Brinjal round etc.
♦ Chemical treatment with tetracyclins. e.g. Tetramycin @ 500 ppm.