Definition of plantation crops
Plantation crops may be defined as the crops are cultivated in a vast area continuously grown and managed by an individual or a company. The crops are perennial and are high-value crops of greater economic importance and play a vital role in our economy. The crops include – tea, coffee, rubber, cocoa, betel nut, betel leaf, oil palm, bamboo, etc.
Characteristics of plantation crops
- Grown in a vast area of land.
- High-value crops of greater economic importance.
- Play a vital role in our national economy.
- Export potential.
- Must be processed before use.
- Known as a commercial crop or cash crop.