Definition of seed testing:
The seed testing is the procedure of evaluating the seed quality like purity, germination, health, vigor etc. to use a plant material.
Seed testing objectives
1. To determine the planting value of seed.
2. To determine legal requirement of seed as planting material.
3. To determine the real seed rate.
4. To determine the condition of seed whether it is alive, dormant or dead.
5. To determine the viability and vigor of seed.
6. To export the seed as planting material.
7. To certify the seed.
8. To ensure the production and supply of good quality seed.
Useful Agricultural Websites
Online Agricultural Study
Food and Agricultural Organization