Growing mushrooms have become a trend in the home nowadays. Because it is easy to cultivate mushrooms at home, also it is profitable. Fortunately, mushrooms need small spaces and high yield capacity. There are many types of mushroom can grow in the home easily. Let’s talk about the reason that you should grow mushrooms at home. However, you can get varieties of easiest mushrooms to grow at home on Mushrooms.Online.
- Mushrooms require small space: You can grow the mushroom at your own home by creating a Low Tech mushroom farm or growing them in outdoor garden beds. Mushrooms have no need the sunlight to grow. So you can easily cultivate it at your desire place.
- Mushrooms are easy to cultivate: Mushrooms can easily grow by an absolute beginner without prior technical knowledge. There are available simple techniques at internet you should follow effective cultivation.
- Mushrooms are nutritious: Mushrooms are a low-calorie food content with lots of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Mushroom exposure with ultraviolet light is a good source of Vitamin D, an important component in bone and immune systems. Some varieties of mushrooms are rich in potassium. Potassium can lessen the tension in blood vessels, helping lower blood pressure.
- Mushrooms are profitable to grow: Mushrooms require small space and very little capital. Need minimum maintenance and look after. It can grow within 3-4 weeks, depending on the variety. You can be sold Oyster mushrooms anywhere from $5-$15/lb for retail. Shiitake mushrooms can be sold anywhere from $8-$15 for retail.
What are the easiest mushrooms to grow at home?
Let’s talk about the best varieties of mushrooms that can currently be grown in the home.
- The elm oyster or white elm mushroom (Hypsizygus ulmaries): Although it is not a member of the oyster mushroom family. But it is an oyster style mushroom in appearance and habit. It grows well on sawdust or straw. It rarely has contamination difficulties under certain techniques. It grows well in a variety of conditions and temperatures, fruiting either vertically or horizontally. They are one of the most delicious oyster style mushrooms, large and attractive.
- King oyster ( Pleurotus eryngii): It is a member of the oyster mushroom family. But it does not have the usual oyster mushroom appearance or habit, a native of Europe. It is large and thick-fleshed. It prefers well on sawdust to straw. It grows well at fall or spring temperatures. It is also one of the most delicious mushrooms if cooked properly. It needs to be sautéed rapidly in a wide pan without stew in its juice. Then lightly salted.
- Lion’s Mane (Hericum Erinaceus): It is also known as Pom Pom mushroom. It looks like a shaggy lion’s mane. It grows rapidly on sawdust substances, and fruits easily grow over a range of temperatures. The chefs love this incredible mushroom. And indeed, it has a delicious gourmet flavour, sometimes tasting like lobster.
- Almond mushroom (Agaricus subrufescens): A member of the family includes the domestic button mushroom. It is different from other mushrooms by incredible almond extract. Like other domestic homegrown mushrooms, it prefers to grow on the compost. It also can be grown on straw, wood chips or supplemented sawdust. It is a warm-weather mushroom. But, mushroom generally needs a casting layer- a layer of a friable, soil-like mixture usually containing peat. It is applied to the surface of the culture in order to form fruiting bodies.
- Shiitake (Lentinula edodes) mushroom: It is one of the popular mushroom and cultivates extensively elsewhere. It is considered medicinal mushrooms and is traditionally very popular in Asian cuisine. It has been used in traditional Chinese medicine from ancient times. Shiitake mushrooms can easily grow both indoors and outdoors. It is ideal for different indoor setups. If you want to grow it outdoors, it can be kept in a shady place. It can be capable of continuing to fruit after its initial flush. It is usually grown well on sterilized supplemented sawdust indoor. Shiitake strains can also grow on pasteurized straw, one of the easiest ways to cultivate it indoors. It can be grown all year round, but outdoor logs can be produced in the summer-autumn months.
Conclusion: Mushroom is nutritious and beneficial for health. You can cultivate easily varieties of mushrooms for earning more profit and establish a small-scale business.