|Characteristics of normal and abnormal seedling. https://cststudy.blogspot.com|
Characteristics of normal and abnormal seedlings
A. Normal Seedling:
a. High Vigor Normal Seedling (HVNS)
b. Low Vigor Normal Seedling (LVNS)
a. High Vigor Normal Seedling (HVNS):
· A well – developed root and shoot system including primary tap root.
· A well – developed intact epicotyle and hypocotyle without any damage to the conducting tissue.
· Presence of healthy cotyledons.
· Presence of primary and secondary roots.
· Presence of healthy primary leaves.
· Presence of healthy growing point.
· Slightly smaller cotyledons and primary leaves.
· Slightly narrow and weak stem having all other parts.
· Roots of poor growth.
B. Abnormal Seedling:
· Seedling with no or damaged cotyledon.
· Seedling with constriction.
· Seedling with splits, cracks or lesions, which are neither superficial nor limited in a particular area.
· Seedling wit damaged primary leaves and apical bud.
· Seedling with weak and unbalanced development of the essential structures.
· Injurious hypocotyls and epicotyls.
· Very poor root system.
Useful Agricultural Websites