Sustainable Agriculture and 3 Criteria of Sustainable agriculture
Sustainable agriculture is the successful management of resources for agriculture to satisfy changing human needs while maintaining or enhancing the quality of the environment and conserving natural resources (CGIAR, 1988).
Sustainable agriculture is those farming system which minimise the use of external inputs and minimise the use of internal inputs already existing on the farm (Carter, 1989).
Sustainable agriculture is those agricultural Systems that are environmentally sound, profitable and productive and that maintain the social fabric of the rural community (Keeny, 1989).
Criteria of Sustainable agriculture
The criteria of Sustainable agriculture are given below
1. Balance use of nutrients.
2. Efficient use of soil, water and genetic resources.
3. Need based external inputs.
4. Minimal negative environmental impacts.
1. Sustained farmers livelihood.
3. Efficient use of production factors.
4. Low relative value of external inputs.
1. Widely acceptable and equitable adoption potential among farmers.
2. Reduced dependence on external institution.
3. Respecting and building ITKs, beliefs and value system.
4. Contribution on Employment generation.
You can read more articles about Agricultural Extension
Useful Agricultural Websites
I’m Md Mosaddekur Rahman,
I’m a student, a blogger, and a pro at digital marketing, especially SEO. I have completed my B.Sc. in Agriculture degree from the Crop Science and Technology Department at the University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh. I’m currently enrolled in King Abdulaziz University’s Arid Land Agriculture Department in Saudi Arabia.
In my opinion, agriculture is the key to advancing the economy. You can understand the fundamentals of agriculture by reading this site, which will improve your academic performance. To serve the country and become a skilled farmer, read carefully. We have a lot of responsibility, so we need to keep learning new things.