Symptoms and Management of Red Rust of tea
Causal organism: Cephaleurous parasiticus (Algal disease).
Symptoms of Red Rust of tea
- Rusty lesions developed on the leaves. They are roundish in shape.
- Reddish hairs like structure develop on the leaves.
Favorable condition of Red Rust of tea
· Bright sunshine.
· Disease emergence favored by high temperature and humidity.
Management/Control Measures of Red Rust of tea
· By obstructing sunshine with the help of shed trees.
· Skillful pruning and plucking of bud leaf.
· Provide adequate space between plants to maximize air circulation around the foliage.
· 2% MoP and Urea can be sprayed as a rehabilitate measure in the severely affected sections.
· Spraying of fungicides should be directed towards the young stems and laterals bearing rusty fructifications.